Vegansrock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegansrock

Nod your head and clap your hands, or open your mind and understand !

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stylish Paint Stripping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Firebird

Firebird

Stylish Paint Stripping Empty
PostSubject: Stylish Paint Stripping   Stylish Paint Stripping EmptyFri 26 Jun 2009, 12:38 pm

This is my mother's best effort at wallpaper-stripping....

Stylish Paint Stripping Lethargicpaintstripping2

Stylish Paint Stripping Lethargicpaintstripping1

Very Happy Is she completely barking mad ?

For ages, she tried to claim that the kitchen was in that state because she was just about to finish it.
But I mentioned this to my brother, who was absolutely incredulous at this far-fetched claim !

Apparently, the kitchen had been in the above condition, completely untouched wallpaper-strippingwise, for about 5 years before I had even mentioned it !

.... This is the same person who one day just took a crazed notion to paint the family house in the most garish shade of Fuscia Pink available (for the doors) and Bright Aquamarine (for the walls in the hall) , then adamantly insisted that it's "nice" and " perfectly normal", totally dismissing anything which other family members might helpfully point out to the contrary.

I imagine her gazing across the room one day, with her eyes scanning past the Wallpaper-Stripping apparatus....then returning fixedly.
A mad look coming over her eyes, I envision the woman grabbing the Stripper and scraping frenzied arcs across the wall in a violent outburst of passion, thrashing back and forth in an artistic blaze of creation before finally stepping back to admire her hard work.... only to realise that approaching the stripping of wallpaper in the style of a mad chimp, is surely likely to produce at best sub-optimal results. Faced with failure, she instead reclassifies the situation as an art exhibit and proudly displays it for all visitors, as a long-term 5-year exhibition.

geek The whole thing just leaves me dumbfounded.
My mum moved out of that place about 9 months ago, so now my (estranged, twice-disowned, NED, bratty) dad lives in their house, on his own. He too, is FAR too lazy to ever do any REAL paint-stripping, so he's just been going about pretending like everything is perfectly normal in there, and seemingly intends to just keep the stylish "art installation" forever.

lol! Bizarre !
Back to top Go down
https://vegansrock.forumotion.com
emphryio

Stylish Paint Stripping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stylish Paint Stripping   Stylish Paint Stripping EmptySat 27 Jun 2009, 6:36 pm

lol. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=725173

Stylish Paint Stripping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegansrock :: Non-Vegan Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: